South India – An Exciting Tourist Destination for All
Recently have you taken a vacation or are you fed up of the boring everyday schedule? If you consider the job culture in today’s corporate world, people are investing long hours at work and constantly running after money. In this rat race don’t you think, somewhere they are neglecting the vital aspects of their lives?
If you are one of them, who have pushed vacations down in your priority list, then wake up. Trust me, it is high time that you realize the importance of taking a vacation. When we talk of vacations the diverse beauty of South India cannot be ignored. So, surprise your family by booking one of the South India tour packages right away.
Why South India?
When you think of the great holiday destinations, there is no better place than South India to experience a unique and diverse vacation. Be it waterfalls or barren lands, beaches or hills, temple towns or nightclubs, every state in South India is a perfect mixture of every element of tourism in abundance. Surrounded by the Bay of Bengal, the Arabian Sea and the Indian Ocean on the three sides, this southern region boasts of a different beauty altogether.
What you will love in South India
- Multiple holidaying options – Are you looking for a good variety in your holiday destination? Then South India is the answer. It offers end number of varieties like historical sites, adventure trips, scenic beauty, romantic backwater getaways, serene beaches, wild safari and what not.
- Temple – South India which is known for its rich cultural heritage houses a number of beautiful architectural structures and exotic temples. Right from the rule of the kings till date many of the archaeological structures based here adds to the pride of India
- Rich culture forms and colourful festivals – The variety of dance forms in South India namely Kathakali, Bharatanatyam and Kuchipudi along with the Carnatic Music are really impressing. If you get to witness the vibrant festivals of South India like Pongal, Onam and Dussehra then it will double the fun of the trip.
- Backwater experience – If you ask me, a South Indian holiday can’t be complete without taking a tour of the Kerala Backwaters. Staying in the midst of the greenery and sailing on the waterways in ultimate serenity is a breath-taking experience.
- Ayurveda healing centres – Many of us plan South India trips to rejuvenate ourselves with the help of ancient herbal medicine and Ayurvedic healing treatments. Kerala probably hosts some of the best Ayurvedic wellness centres which you should definitely visit.
- South Indian food – Another fascinating reason for which you should pay a visit to the South Indian states is the delectable South India cuisine. Right from the seafood, Hyderabadi biryani, delicious pickles, famous filter coffee, there is a long list of food items that you must try to take back some fondest appetizing memories.
- • Traditional attires – Are you a shopaholic? Even if you are not, you should be ready to pay for excess baggage on your way back. Be it a crisp Kerala cotton or a luxurious Kanchipuram saree every piece of handloom work is just irresistible.
- • Variety of hotels – Since South India comprises of five major states namely, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana here you get to put up in some of the best luxury hotels. No, no, it not only houses luxury hotels, villas and houseboats, but also several budget-friendly hotels, resorts and homestays with all kinds of modern facilities to make your stay most remarkable.
Places you shouldn’t miss in South India
- Finally, let us give you a glimpse of some of the
Best Tourist Places in South India
- that you must include in your itinerary:
- Alleppey – This is one destination Kerala is famous for. The view of its backwaters during the monsoons is nothing less than heaven. All that you need to do is to take a houseboat cruise or book a houseboat stay to enjoy the serenity and greenery of the area.
- Kovalam – Talk of the South Indian beaches and this is probably the first name that strikes our mind. A visit to stay in any of the beachside resorts in Kovalam, Kerala is the perfect gift you could ask for to rejuvenate yourself.
- Cochin – Cochin which has been renamed as Kochi is the “Queen of Arabian Sea” and one of the best places in South India that offers some real flavour of authentic South Indian culture.
- Mysore – If you are found of cultural heritage, then you will surely fall in love with this “City of Palaces” based in Karnataka. It offers some of the rich heritage sites and South Indian traditions.
- Hampi – Talk of some of the top historical destinations, Hampi in there with its laid-back village which was once the last capital of Vijayanagar, one of the greatest Hindu empires in India’s history in Karnataka.
- Madurai – Ancient Madurai in Tamil Nadu houses some of the most impressive and significant temples in South India. The Meenakshi Temple is one of its greatest attractions which you should not miss at any cost.
- Pondicherry – This is an 18th-century French colony and remains a separate union territory. It is situated on the east coast of Tamil Nadu. The town has a laid-back flavor which you can enjoy along with its scenic beauty.
- Coorg: Are you eagerly waiting to enjoy your vacation at a hill station in the lap of Mother nature? Coorg in Karnataka is one such tourist places in South India which is not only known for its exclusive beauty but also for its flavourful South Indian coffee.
Few other destinations that you can consider including in your South India tour packages
are Gokarna in Karnataka, Periyar National Park in Kerala, Nilgiri Mountain Railway in Tamil Nadu, Rameshwaram in Tamil Nadu, Munnar in Kerala and a lot more. The ideal time for visiting South India is during the winters. December to February is considered the peak season as then the climate is really pleasant. The package cost primarily depends on the destinations you choose and the number of days you cover.